- Create a Robot Framework test file and a test suite
- Identify and differentiate between different test case writing styles
- Full of easy- to- follow steps, to get you started with Robot Framework
Testing has traditionally been a part of software development, and has always involved a lot of manual effort. It can be automated with Robot Framework, which offers numerous benefits from cost saving to increased quality assurance in the software delivery. This book will help you to start designing test suites and Automated Acceptance Tests.
Helping you to get started with automating acceptance tests, this book will provide a detailed overview of acceptance test management practices and principles. You will also be introduced to advanced techniques that you can use to customize the test suite, along with helpful tips and tricks to extend and leverage it in a wide variety of scenarios.
Starting with a detailed explanation of the need for automated acceptance test driven development, this guide will help you with an empty test project creation and execution for proof of concept, and validation of installation. This book will also cover the Robot Framework in detail, and will help you test desktop applications using Java Swing. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of tricky activities, such as setting up a test environment and using it with Selenium.
You will also learn about other popular libraries, and how to test network protocols, web services, and databases. This book will cover the entire Robot Framework with real- world practical material to make its content informative and interesting.
By the end of this book you will be able to write acceptance tests for desktop and web applications, as well as know how to extend acceptance testing in other scenarios that are commonly devoid of tests, and present the results appropriately.
What you will learn from this book
- Create and run a basic test over Robot Framework to validate the setup
- Customize a test with reusable components and introduce test reuse
- Identify the different files and tables used in tests
- Extend the framework by using third party libraries to work with other tools
- Parameterize the test cases and get data into the tests /color]
- Create derived reports using the report metadata
- Use external resources to feed data into tests
- Set up the Robot Framework and run its basic test
Written in an engaging, easy-to-follow style, this practical guide will teach you to create test suites and automated acceptance Tests with the Robot Framework.
Who this book is written for
If you are an automation engineer, QA engineer, developer or tester who is looking to get started with Robot Framework, as well as find a standardized testing solution, this book is ideal for you. No prior knowledge of Robot Framework or acceptance testing is required, although a basic knowledge of Python is required for few sections of the book.